4 Steps for Facebook
Last month we attended a Webinar presented by Constant Contact on 4 Steps: Driving Business Results on Facebook. Speakers of the Webinar were Mark Schmulen, General Manager of Social Media with Constant Contact and Chirs Luo, Head of Global SMB Marketing with Facebook. The Webinar was very information and covered the main steps all businesses should follow on Facebook. Here are the 4 steps:
1. Build Your Facebook Page
- Everything starts with your Facebook Page (Timeline). Set your cover & profile photo. Add milestones & key moments. Get existing customers to LIKE your page. Create your first post.
2. Connect to Fans with Ads
- Sure you have the fans that currently LIKE your page but reach more of your fan base by creating a Facebook ad to acquire and connect with them. Facebook ads can be targeted to reach the target market you desire. Ads help you break through the clutter of all the other Facebook activity. Make sure you develop more than one ad to learn which audience responds best to different images and text.
3. Engage Your Fans with Quality Content
- Engage your fans! Post regularly by creating a content calendar. Post content that people are interested in and can connect with. And don’t forget, highlight you most important posts with the new Timeline feature.
4. Influence the Friends of Your Fans
- Promote social activity on your page with sponsored stories. When people check in or LIKE your page their friends see that interaction and it will influence them to do the same.
Just remember that Facebook takes time and that you must interact and actively engage your audience/target market to get them interested in you.