Our comprehensive waste management program focuses on identifying, reducing, and diverting the various waste streams created by venue operations, attendees, and clients.
Components of this plan include regular staff trainings, coordination with event organizers and supplier, and opportunities for waste minimization. Our staff consistently looks to reduce the amount of waste being created, manage inevitable waste, and divert waste from landfill by means of reuse, repurposing, recycling, and composting. Together we can meet our goal of diverting over 50% of our waste from the landfill.
- Clearly labeled single stream recycling next to every landfill bin.
- Compost collection for all kitchen items, bathroom paper towels, and yard waste.
- Front of house compost collection available upon request.
- Water bottle fill stations located at each water fountain.
- All food and beverage service ware is compostable.
- All office paper is 100% post-consumer recycled content.
- All toilet and tissue paper are 30% post-consumer content.
- Environmental Preferable Purchasing policy with a focus on bulk packaging.
- Take advantage of the Colorado Convention Center's Reclaim Room. Encourage exhibitors to donate left over materials, rather than throw them away.
- Complete the recycling loop! Purchase products with recycled content.