Where Green Meets Your Next Event
Welcome to a new way of planning meetings and events! At the Colorado Convention Center, we are committed to the core values of: Mindfulness, Integrity, Transparency, and Accountability. We strive to be leaders in sustainability by creating programs that are accessible, inclusive and encourage the participation of all stakeholders. Our goal is to erase the line between a “regular event” and a “green event” by making all events held at the Convention Center sustainable. We also explore new processes and policies, keeping the ones that work for our operation and modifying the ones that don’t.
Want your event at the Colorado Convention Center to be certified as a Sustainable Event? We can help! Contact our Sustainable Program Manager, Lindsay Arell for more information.
We have focused our sustainable efforts in the following areas and are excited to share with you:
- ENERGY REDUCTION AND ALTERNATIVE SOURCES
- WASTE REDUCTION AND DIVERSION
- WATER CONSUMPTION AND QUALITY
- AIR QUALITY AND ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION
To integrate sustainability practices into your next event view our City of Denver Arts & Venues Sustainable Events Guide. This Sustainable Event Planning Guide is designed to assist event planners and organizers in producing sustainable events at the City of Denver Arts & Venues facilities. The goal of this guide is both to help planners lessen their impact on the environment, while also educating their attendees and stakeholders about the sustainability initiatives taking place at their event and the venue.
Raising the Roof
The project, involved interdisciplinary collaboration from design to construction, pursuing LEED New Construction Gold. Accessible public transportation, a central staircase promoting physical activity, and water-saving fixtures were integrated. The team optimized energy performance with LED lighting, controls, and occupancy sensors. Consideration for occupant well-being included lighting quality, thermal comfort controls, and sustainable materials. Construction waste was managed through a diversion plan, and materials were selected for sustainability, low VOC emissions, and recycled content, promoting both occupant and environmental health. Learn more here!
ASM GLOBAL ACTS IS AN AMBITIOUS, STRUCTURED & INTENTIONAL INITIATIVE TO CREATE BETTER COMMUNITIES AND A BETTER WORLD.
ASM Global’s corporate social responsibility platform, ASM Global Acts, is a commitment to social equity and global sustainability. The program was built upon our long-standing commitments to creating a better, more diverse workforce, serving the communities where we operate, and contributing to a healthier environment and planet.
By establishing a more centralized and intentional corporate social responsibility platform, we have focused our efforts on meaningful actions and measurable results at both the corporate and community levels. To deliver on this, ASM Global Acts has outlined bold and data-driven goals to create lasting impact across our global communities.
Our platform is structured around three pillars:
- Protect the Environment
- Invest in People
- Strengthen our Communities
PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT
THE INDUSTRY LEADER IN SUSTAINABILITY
ASM Global continues to rise above its competition as a leader in sustainable operations management, stewardship of the community, and socially and environmentally sustainable practices. As climate change and its impact on our world becomes more apparent each day, there is no better time for ASM Global to leverage its position as a world leader, influencing behavior and creating a culture of Environmental Stewardship within our venues and in the communities we operate.
We don’t just talk about environmental responsibility; we live it every day. Boasting the largest portfolio of 40+ certified green venues, ASM Global partners with Honeycomb Strategies to offer innovative approaches and sustainable solutions for our vast portfolio of the world’s most iconic venues.
To demonstrate our commitment, ASM Global has pledged to the following environmental goals:
- Reduce energy consumption by 25% by 2030
- 20% of all energy consumed through renewable energy sources in 2025
- Carbon Neutral by 2050 (milestone 25% carbon reduction by 2030, 50% carbon reduction by 2040)
- Divert 50% of waste overall by 2025
- Eliminate single use plastic in front of house by 2027
- Reduce Water Consumption by 25% by 2030
- Award 50% of our reportable spend to suppliers adhering to our Environmental Purchasing Policy by 2030
- Increase plant-based menu options by 35% by 2024 within Savor venues
- Decrease food waste by 75% by 2026 within Savor venues
INVEST IN PEOPLE
ASM GLOBAL IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR OUR TEAM, CLIENTS, AND COMMUNITIES.
ASM Global is creating an environment of inclusion and equality across our organization, growing the diversity of our business partners around the world, and enabling opportunities for our current and future workforce. The work we do creates connections that transcends languages and borders.
As a company with a global footprint, ASM Global recognizes our broader social mission and our responsibility to more than 60,000 passionate individuals who work tirelessly to create extraordinary experiences at our venues.
ASM Global continues our investment in people through the following commitments:
- Provide pathways to our industry through 100 internships/apprenticeships for underrepresented student groups in 2023
- Increase manager and above positions filled by underrepresented talent by 15% in 2023
- Increase reportable spend to certified diverse suppliers by 30% by 2030
- Deepen training and development amongst team members through 65,000 completed courses in 2023
STRENGTHEN OUR COMMUNITIES
BUILDING STRONG, VIBRANT COMMUNITIES REQUIRES COMMITMENTS THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE WALLS OF OUR VENUES.
ASM Global brings this to life by giving back and investing in organizations that are making both the world and our local communities a better place to live, work, and play. ASM Global Acts provides opportunities for team members across the globe to dedicate their time and talent through volunteering, giving back and engaging in local community initiatives - creating a collective effort to demonstrate our commitment to the people and places where we operate and to make a difference in the lives of others.
Through the ASM Global Acts Foundation, we support philanthropic and community-based initiatives in the cities where we operate across the globe. With a strategic focus on supporting local communities, the ASM Global Stars Scholarship Program was established to provide students in diverse and under-resourced communities across the U.S. with educational and career development opportunities - creating accessible pathways to pursue their education and career goals.
To further demonstrate our commitment to local communities, we are dedicated to achieving the following goals:
- Deliver access to our live experiences by donating 5,000 tickets to community members in 2023
- Make meaningful investments in nonprofit organizations that create positive change in 2023
- Engage with local, grassroots nonprofits through 7,500 volunteer hours in 2023
- Award 50% of our reportable spend to local food suppliers by 2024 within Savor venues